- 2009—PresentPierce County AuditorPierce County, WA
Directly elected nonpartisan executive. I conduct honest and accurate elections; maintain the integrity and accessibility of the public record; provide efficient and vital licensing services.
- 2009—PresentPast President & Member, Washington State Association of County Auditors
The Washington Association of County Auditors (WSACA) represents a diverse group of elected officials whose duties encompass elections, licensing, recording and finance.
- 2004—2009Councilmember and Deputy Mayor, City of TacomaTacoma, WA
Directly elected nonpartisan City Councilmember, responsible for local and regional public policy for the City of Tacoma, Washington. At Large position #7.
- 2007—2009Senior Policy Advisor, Department of CommerceOlympia, WA
- 1998—2001Executive Director, YWCA of Tacoma-Pierce CountyTacoma, WA
- 1996—1998Assistant Regional Administrator, Department of Social and Health ServicesOlympia, WA
- 1990—1996Executive Director, Episcopal Services for YouthTacoma, WA
- 2015Certified Public Records OfficerWashington Association of Public Records Officers
- 2014Washington State Certified Election AdministratorWashington State Secretary of State
- 2010Certificate, Elections AdministrationAuburn University
National certification for registrars and election administrators.
- 1988—1990Masters of Science, Criminal Justice AdministrationNortheastern University
Activities and societies: Alpha Phi Sigma National Criminal Justice Honor Society, Research Assistant for Dean of the College of Criminal Justice.
- 1984—1987Bachelors, Liberal ArtsThe Evergreen State College
- 1998—PresentRotary InternationalMember and Paul Harris Fellow
- 2020—PresentCenter for Leadership and Social Responsibility, UW TacomaBoard of Advisors
- 2017—PresentSound OutreachBoard Member
- 2004—PresentAmerican Leadership Forum, Tacoma-Pierce County ChapterBoard Member & Senior Fellow
- 2010—PresentWashington State Bar AssociationMember, Character and Fitness Board
- 2015—2021Commissioner, Electronic Recording Standards CommissionWashington State Office of Secretary of State
- 2013—2019Palmer ScholarsVolunteer
- 2010—2017Tacoma Community HouseRead2Me Tutor
- 2008—2010Tacoma Community College, Center for Ethical DevelopmentAdvisory Board
- 2014—2016Audit Committee, TESC FoundationThe Evergreen State College